Good Mental Health for children
There are a number of things you and others can do to protect and promote your child’s mental health right through childhood and into adolescence.
It’s very important for children to have:
- a sense of belonging in all settings
- a significant person in their life
- the ability to cope
- a range of positive experiences.
10 things that children need most
- the basics – food, clothing, warmth, shelter and love
- to feel safe and secure
- cuddles and good touching
- lots of smiles
- praise and encouragement
- new experiences
- respect for their feelings
- your time and care.