CHECK FOR ME BEFORE YOU TURN THE KEY
Walk around the car and CHECK before you get in and check for children.
SEPARATE play areas from driveways with fencing and gates.
SUPERVISE children whenever cars are moving.
Identify the signs of a risky driveway:
- a long driveway.
- a driveway in a quiet road or cul‐de‐sac.
- a driveway that also provides pedestrian access to house (no separate pedestrian pathway).
- a driveway leading to lots of parking – cars need to be moved around to make room or allow vehicles to leave.
- no physical barrier (i.e. fence) between driveway and outdoor play area.
KNOW WHERE THE KIDS ARE BEFORE GETTING IN THE CAR
- CHECK for children before driving off
- SUPERVISE children around vehicles – always
- SEPARATE play areas from driveways