Cancer Society Whanganui-Rangitkei-Waimarino Centre
We are here to support local people and their families when they are faced with a diagnosis of cancer
FREE services we provide include:
- One on one support with our Supportive Care Coordinator.
- Transport to treatment or appointments locally, in Palmerston North or Wellington.
- Information brochures and books.
- Softies and sleeves for breast cancer aftercare.
- Support groups for men, women & lymhoedeama.
- Health promotion programmes & initiatives including sunsmart schools, shade and sunscreen loans & workplace presentations.
Outside services that we subsidise and/or facilitate include:
- Counselling - weekly.
- Massage Therapy - weekly.
- Breastcare consultants (prosthesis & bras) - 3 providers monthly.
- Wig consultant - once monthly.