Ministry of Social Development
Our Ministry is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities.
It’s a big job - we’re tackling some of the big issues in society, like family violence and youth offending.
We’re working towards this through providing:
- care and protection of vulnerable children and young people
- employment, income support and superannuation services
- funding to community service providers
- social policy and advice to government
- student allowances and loans
- social housing assessments.
This is not work we do alone. We work closely with other government agencies, non-government organisations, advisory and industry groups, and communities and iwi. Together we aim to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
For more information, please visit our website.