Whanganui Regional Health Network - Child Health
• The Child Health team is available for all children resident in the Wanganui District or visiting the district who are due or overdue for immunisations or the Before School Check (B4Sc check).
• The B4Sc check is best completed as soon as your child turns 4 and aims to ensure the child will be ready to learn once they begin school. Hearing and vision checks are carried out on site as a part of the B4Sc check.
• B4SC checks and immunisations are free and can be carried by you GP.
• Children are due for immunisations at age 6 weeks, 3 months, 5 months, 15 months, 4 years, 11 years or year 7 at school and year 8 girls.
• We have a drop in clinic on site every Tuesday from 9.30am to 5pm (except for the two Tuesdays over Christmas-New Year period or if it is a public holiday).
• Any child can come to our clinic; children may be referred through their General practice team, Plunket, Tamariki Ora, Family Start, Whanau Ora, or Public Health. Self referrals are welcome.
• The Child Health team at the Whanganui Regional Health Network aims to ensure all children and their families have access to a GP and we can help facilitate this for you.- http://www.wrhn.org.nz/